Seminar room / Desks
- Seminar room
- Weekly meetings and Progress meetings will be held.
- Deskwork during research.
The area for molecular biology works
- The area for molecular biology works
- Western blotting (semi-dry or wet tank transfer), gel electrophoresis, or molecular works using E. coli.
- Plasma generator
- Adhesion improves after treating a material to which cells are difficult to attach.
- Used for DNA and RNA quantitation with only 1 µL of sample.
- Inverted fluorescence microscope (Keyence, BZ-X710)
- Images can be acquired quickly and easily
The area for immunocytochemistry
- The area for immunocytochemistry
- The area for molecular biology works: Western blotting (semi-dry or wet tank transfer), gel electrophoresis, or molecular works using E. coli.
- Left:FUSION Solo S
- Used for taking chemiluminescence images. Auto exposure, manual set of exposure time, and incremental exposure mode are useful.
- Right:BIORUPTOR II
- Sonicator in sealed box with circulating water cooler. It can sonicate 12 tubes at the same time.
- Upper:BIO-RAD iMark microplate reader
- used for protein assay and ELISA.
- Bottom:Progmega GloMax multimode plate reader
- sometimes used for mycoplasma tests.BIO-RAD thermal cyclers.
- Gel electrophoresis and Gel Doc EZ Imager
The area for RNA experiments
- The area for RNA experiments
- Mainly used for RNA extraction and cDNA synthesis. Four block heaters and StepOnePlus PCR system.
- Robotic workstation for automated purification of DNA, RNA, or proteins using QIAGEN spin-column kits. It can purify max 12 samples at the same time.
- Automated liquid handling system
- mainly used for 384-well plate preparation for qRT-PCR.
- QuantStudio 7 Real-Time PCR System
- Installed in 2017. It supports 384-well format and TaqMan array.
- Multi gas piping
- The autochanger switches prevent the incubator from running out of the gas. N2 gas is for hypoxic culture.
In front of the culture room
- In front of the culture room
- Three liquid nitrogen tanks and one -150 degrees Celsius deep freezer are placed, and a total of 38,000 cells can be cryopreserved.
The culture room
- four clean benches and one safety cabinet.
- four large incubators and four small incubators (for hypoxic culture).
- Easily measure the electrical activity of neural cells and skeletal muscle. Used in combination with the optogenetics system.
- Right:Inverted fluorescence microscope (OLYMPUS IX83) in Darkroom
- The UPLSAPO super apochromat objectives are installed. The camera ORCA-Flash4.0 serves refined wider views.
- Left:Upright microscope (Zeiss)
- Confocal laser scanning microscope
- Can take high-resolution and appealing pictures with simple operations.
Used for observing cell dynamics with time-lapse imaging.
- Upper: Fluorescence microscope
- Used for observing fluorescently labeled cells transplanted into mice.
- Bottom:UV transilluminator
- Used for gel imaging and band cutting.。
- IN Cell Analyzer 6000 (Common use in the university)
- An imaging cytometer that can acquire confocal images at high speed and enables quantitative analysis.
Used for time-lapse photography to analyze neurite outgrowth of iPSC-derived motor neurons.
- PC for analyzing data of IN Cell Analyzer
- Developper Toolbox and IN Carta are installed.